LSR Bridge to Radiologic Technology
Bridge into Radiologic Technology
M State’s Limited Scope Radiography diploma program offers a bridge into the Radiologic Technology degree program for LSR program graduates who want to advance their careers with additional training.
Each year, up to 10 LSR graduates “bridge” into the Radiologic Technology program, where they join Radiologic Technology students in the final year of their program on our Detroit Lakes campus.
Successful LSR Bridge and Radiologic Technology program students graduate together with an AAS degree, prepared to work as entry-level radiologic technologists.
Bridge program admission information
- There are 10 seats available each year in the LSR to Radiologic Technology Bridge program
- Selection is based on student cumulative GPA in required LSR coursework
- Students applying to the bridge program must complete the following prerequisite courses prior to the application deadline:
- MATH 1114 College Algebra
- PHYS 1105 Fundamental Concepts of Physics
- BIOL 2262 Human Anatomy and Physiology II*
- After acceptance to the bridge program, the following courses will be taken fall semester, in addition to clinicals:
- RADT 1240 Radiographic Procedures (4 credits)
- RADT 1274 Radiographic and Equipment Safety (2 credits)
- The deadline for LSR program graduates to apply to the bridge program is Aug. 1
*BIOL 2262 Human Anatomy and Physiology II must have been completed within five years prior to the program start date. For the Fall 2024 start, the course must have been taken Fall 2019 or later.
Additional LSR to Radiologic Technology admission eligibility criteria
Students must be aware of the following eligibility criteria:
Apply to the Limited Scope Radiography to Radiologic Technology Bridge program
The LSR to Radiologic Technology Bridge program application must be submitted for an applicant to be considered for the program. You must be accepted to M State to access the program application.
Graduate from M State’s Limited Scope Radiographer program
Students must graduate from M State’s LSR program with a grade of C or better in all LSR courses.
Complete Radiologic Technology prerequisite courses
All LSR courses and prerequisite Radiologic Technology courses must be completed with a grade of C or better. The Radiologic Technology prerequisite courses are:
PLEASE NOTE: These courses can be completed while enrolled in the LSR program.
Selection of candidates
Student selection for the LSR to Radiologic Technology Bridge program occurs through completion of the LSR to Radiologic Technology Application Assessment.
If there is a tie between students with the same GPA, the GPA in all Radiologic Technology prerequisite courses will be used as the determinant. Click here to view the tie-breaker GPA calculator.
Each student who submits a complete admissions file by the posted deadline will receive an email from the college indicating their application status.
We are pleased you are considering M State and look forward to receiving your application. If you have questions about admission and program requirements, please call 877.450.3322 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.