Limited Scope Radiography
Diploma - 47 credits
About this program
The Limited Scope Radiography program prepares students to become competent entry-level limited scope radiographers. The limited scope radiographer works under the direction of a health care provider and communicates with and positions patients for specified types of radiography examinations. The limited scope radiographer provides quality care to patients; manipulates radiographic equipment and accessories; selects and adjusts technical factors; provides radiation protection for patients, self and others; obtains diagnostic images; performs image evaluation; and carries out activities associated with equipment quality control. Students are equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to perform a variety of radiography exams on patients in various health care settings.
- Model professional behaviors and perform duties within the ethical and legal boundaries of a limited scope radiographer.
- Demonstrate use of critical thinking and independent judgment.
- Conduct and participate in quality improvement and quality control tasks.
- Use compassion and interpersonal communication skills with patients, members of the health care team and others.
- Manipulate radiographic equipment and accessories in the pursuit of quality radiographic images.
- Demonstrate appropriate image acquisition and positioning techniques to obtain quality radiographic images.
- Evaluate images for image quality and determine quality improvement methods.
- Apply radiation protection and safety practices to patients, self and others.
- Use patient care skills and monitoring techniques.
- Participate in lifelong learning activities as required by the profession.
Minnesota State Community and Technical College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. The Higher Learning Commission 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500 Chicago, IL 60604-1411 http://www.ncahigherlearningcommission.org Phone: 312.263.0456 / 800.621.7440
Limited Scope Radiographer, Diploma
1st Summer Term - 9 credits
|BIOL2260 - Human Anatomy and Physiology I||3|
|COMM1140 - Interpersonal Communication||3|
|HLTH1116 - Medical Terminology||3|
1st Fall Term - 15 credits
|LSR1100 - Introduction to Limited Scope Radiography and Patient Care||3|
|LSR1120 - Image Production I||4|
|LSR1140 - Radiation Protection||3|
|LSR1160 - Radiographic Procedures I||5|
1st Spring Term - 16 credits
|LSR1220 - Image Production II||3|
|LSR1230 - Imaging Equipment and Quality Control||3|
|LSR1240 - Radiobiology||2|
|LSR1260 - Radiographic Procedures II||4|
|LSR1280 - Radiographic Clinical I||4|
2nd Summer Term - 7 credits
|LSR1380 - Radiographic Clinical II||7|