RADT1102 - Fundamental Concepts of Radiologic Technology
This course will introduce the student to foundations of the radiologic technology profession. The content will include: an examination of the organization of health care facilities and radiology departments, the radiologic technologist's role in the health care setting, professional obligations and behaviors, employment opportunities, historical significance of the profession, accreditation of educational programs, educational requirements, certification, registration, and licensure processes, and human diversity in the health care setting.
- Describe the organization of health care facilities and radiology departments.
- Identify the responsibilities of members of the health care team.
- Describe the scope of practice for the radiographer as defined by the American Society of Radiologic Technologists and state licensure organizations.
- Identify professional organizations.
- Describe the professional obligations and behaviors expected of the radiologic technologist.
- Discuss the history of radiology.
- Describe the educational requirements and process for the radiologic technology student.
- Describe and differentiate the requirements of certification, registration and licensure for radiologic technology professionals.
- Identify the accreditation agencies for health care settings and radiologic technology educational programs.
- Discuss the accreditation process for educational programs.
- Explore the various employment opportunities within the imaging profession.
- Describe the importance of understanding the diversity of patients and practitioners in the health care setting.