PWST2017 - Marine Drive Systems
This course covers the operational theory and service of the outboard and sterndrive drive units. Gear ratios, drive shaft housing and gear cases will be investigated. Complete drive system disassembly, measurement, analysis, shimming and rebuilding will be performed.
- Exhibit safety precautions and professionalism.
- Identify and utilize manufacturers' service and parts literature.
- Perform gearcase vacuum tests.
- Perform gearcase pressure tests.
- Perform gearcase shimming procedures.
- Perform gearcase repair.
- Perform trim system inspections.
- Preform U-joint bellows and gimbal bearing replacement.
- Perform lower shift cable replacement and adjustment.