PWST2016 - Outboard Engine Systems
Outboard Engine Systems introduces the fuel and electrical systems used on outboard motors. Primary focus will be on fuel and oil injection systems along with ignition, starting and charging systems. Students will learn the theories of operation and proper use of test equipment and repair.
- Perform and interpret fuel system vacuum tests.
- Exhibit safety precautions and professionalism.
- Perform fuel system tests.
- Perform ignition system tests.
- Perform oil injection system tests.
- Utilize manufacturers' service and parts literature.
- Perform and interpret fuel pressure tests.
- Perform and interpret ignition system voltage tests.
- Perform and interpret cylinder missfire tests.