PWST1115 - Electrical Foundations
The Electrical Foundation course will cover the theory and practical operation of electricity. Multi-meters and test instruments will be used, giving students the solid foundation they will need to understand the more advanced electrical systems in their future course work.
- Exhibit safety precautions and professionalism.
- Explain the laws of electricity.
- Describe electrical circuits.
- Measure voltage, current and resistance using a multi-meter.
- Test electrical components.
- Perform electrical troubleshooting.
- Perform battery maintenance and testing.
- Utilize service literature for specifications and analysis.
- Perform voltage drop and amperage tests.