PWST1025 - Fuel Systems II
Fuel Systems II is the second in a two-part course series covering two- and four-cycle off-road and marine products. Students will apply the theories of fuel system operation to both two- and four-stroke engines. Included in this course will be inspection and troubleshooting, along with seasonal service requirements and fuel quality testing.
- Identify different designs of fuel systems.
- Explain carburetor circuit operations.
- Identify different fuel injection principles.
- Identify different styles of carburetors.
- Explain fuel pump operation.
- Test fuel pump pressures and vacuums.
- Rebuild carburetors according to manufacturer specifications.
- Demonstrate mechanical troubleshooting procedures.
- Test oil pumps for proper operation.