PWST1021 - Ignition, Charging and Starter Systems
This course is a continuation of the Electrical Foundation course and will cover the study of electrical systems used on power sports equipment. It will focus primarily on ignition and starting systems. Students will learn and apply the theories of ignition, induction, charging and starting systems. Emphasis will be on proper use of test equipment along with the generation and flow of electricity. Students will apply the theories of ignition, induction, charging and starting systems.
- Utilize terms associated with electrical systems.
- Describe testing of ignition system components.
- Describe testing of electric starter systems.
- Describe testing of alternator and magneto charging systems.
- Test alternator and magneto charging systems.
- Repair mechanical starting systems.
- Perform electric starter system testing.
- Demonstrate systematic troubleshooting.
- Perform electrical system repair and service.