PWST1017 - Fuel Systems I
The Fuel Systems I course covers the theory and operation of basic fuel systems and the fuels that they deliver. This is the first of two fuel systems courses and will give students the solid foundation they will need to understand the more advanced systems in their future course work.
- Identify different designs of fuel systems.
- Explain fuel pump operation.
- Explain carburetor circuit operations.
- Identify different styles of carburetors.
- Explain basic fuel properties.
- Test fuels for alcohol and water content.
- Test oil pumps for proper operation.
- Rebuild carburetors according to manufacturer specifications.
- Test fuel pressures and vacuums.