PWST1014 - Personal Watercraft and Marine Engine Maintenance
This course is designed to train the student on proper maintenance techniques for water-based recreational vehicles. Students are encouraged to bring their personal boats, outboards or personal watercraft or use the up-to-date industry products that the college offers, or both. This is an excellent course for getting personal watercraft and boats ready for an coming spring.
- Identify water-based recreational products and manufacturers.
- Perform product identification.
- Utilize manufacturer service and parts literature.
- Exhibit knowledge of Minnesota boating safety laws.
- Perform outboard maintenance.
- Perform stern-drive maintenance.
- Perform personal watercraft maintenance.
- Define proper outboard operation procedures.
- Display professionalism.
- Demonstrate shop equipment safety.
- Perform product off-season storage procedures.