PWST1000 - Introduction to PowerSports
This course is the study of powersports occupational safety, shop orientation procedures, and power and hand tool usage. The use of shop equipment applications, fasteners, measuring instruments and service literature will be addressed, along with appropriate service department etiquette. Two- and four-stroke engine theory along with their proper lubricants will be covered.
- Exhibit safety precautions and professionalism.
- Perform basic service skills.
- Demonstrate safe use of shop equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of environmental and Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations.
- Identify two- and four-stroke engine components.
- Identify lubes, sealants and adhesives.
- Exhibit use of measuring equipment.
- Demonstrate use of lubes, sealants and adhesives.
- Identify proper fastener usage.