PARA2216 - Paralegal Internship
The paralegal internship provides students with the opportunity to apply the concepts and principles they have learned in a practical professional work environment under the supervision of a lawyer. Students complete an internship in which they perform the duties of a paralegal.
- Adhere to dress code policies as determined by employer.
- Exhibit a respectful attitude toward the employer and other personnel in the office.
- Comply with the agreed-upon work schedule with the employer.
- Apply technology in a professional legal environment.
- Protect client-attorney confidentiality.
- Apply academic paralegal studies concepts in a professional workplace environment.
- Work under the supervision of a licensed attorney and with others in a law office or agency setting.
- Apply the rules of professional responsibility applicable to licensed attorneys and others in professional legal environments.
- Prepare a weekly timesheet.
Degrees that use this course
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)