PARA1102 - Legal Research and Writing I
This course is a general introduction to recorded sources of law. It will examine where and how law can be found. The course will include discussion of the sources of law and practical writing exercises.
- Assess into college level English
- Analyze sources of law.
- Explain state and federal court structure.
- Utilize a computerized legal research database.
- Utilize the legal writing process.
- Prepare original jurisdiction documents.
- Analyze state statutes.
- Analyze case law.
- Prepare case briefs.
- Analyze elements of a statute.