CSEC2204 - Managing Directory Services
Directory services provide a central repository for information available on a network. In this course, students will learn that the purpose of a directory is to provide information about people and other resources, which supports the increasingly important function of identity management. Students will learn to automate directory service management functions.
- Describe directory synchronization processes.
- Describe appropriate backup and restoration of directory services.
- Design, debug and test a script that includes sequence, selection, repetition and parameter passing.
- Evaluate the specific skills necessary for continued employment in information technology.
- Implement the appropriate procedures and technologies necessary to enforce administrative policies in a corporate environment.
- Implement effective and appropriate system administration policies with sensitivity to the goals and constraints of an organization.
- Carry out IT policies within an organization, including privacy, legal and ethical considerations.
- Perform appropriate directory service management functions.
- Apply appropriate industry standard control recommendations on a directory service.