CPTR2236 - Network Security
This course deals with the understanding of basic network security. Students learn how to manage systems to guard against various security threats.
- Identify network security threats.
- Administer encryption and authentication for wireless networks.
- Examine protecting advanced communications.
- Identify web-related threats.
- Perform network hardening.
- Examine e-mail threats.
- Configure VPNs for secure sessions.
- Analyze remote access security and social engineering threats.
- Identify software exploits.
- Examine major types of attacks on information systems.
- Identify the factors in a secure network strategy.
- Practice securing web communications utilizing SSL/TLS.
- Examine cryptography.
- Apply IPSec policies.
- Explore basic computer forensics methods.
- Plan a patch management strategy for network servers.
- Analyze the role of firewalls, routers and switches in security.
- Examine intrusion detection systems.