CPTR1135 - Beginning Networking
This is an introductory networking course designed to expose the student to various components of networking in both home and enterprise settings. Topics covered include various network types, how networks communicate and current networking practices. Wired and wireless networks will be discussed, along with their various layouts and required components. The student also will learn basic best practices for network security and network management.
- Plan a small office network implementing common networking components.
- Distinguish between different types of networks.
- Describe a wireless network.
- Discuss the need for standards.
- Identify networking devices.
- Explain network addressing and name resolution.
- Describe the role of network servers.
- Perform the creation of virtual machines and utilize them within the virtualization software.
- Describe networking protocols.
- Identify wired and wireless network topologies.
- Develop a network security policy to implement basic network security practices.
- Create network diagrams utilizing diagramming software.
- Recognize network management requirements.