ADMM2122 - Medical Office Management
This course examines the many responsibilities of a medical office manager. Whether in a small private practice or a large group practice, a medical office manager must be aware of current regulations in the health care industry and how these regulations affect the operations of a health care organization. Office management, business operations, human resources, financial management and marketing for health care organizations are also explored.
- Analyze management styles.
- Analyze and compare policies in various health care facilities.
- Research methods of leadership.
- Analyze and compare procedures in various health care facilities.
- Develop a patient information pamphlet.
- Analyze health care compliance issues.
- Research health care marketing and public relations practices.
- Utilize current technology to perform management responsibilities.
- Develop interpersonal communication skills appropriate for a health care environment.
- Examine current issues in the health care industry.
Degrees that use this course
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)