This course is offered to coaches interested in sports medicine and students interested in coaching and/or athletic training. It is designed to enhance the student's knowledge and performance in sports medicine. The course will cover athletic injury prevention measures, injury care and management, basic injury assessment, nutrition and specific athletic injuries and related problems.
- Introduce students to the profession of athletic training.
- Implement general injury prevention techniques.
- Develop specific injury prevention techniques.
- Prescribe care for acute injuries.
- Evaluate the college emergency plan for life-threatening injuries
- Examine the role of the athletic trainer in high school and college sports.