Certificate - 30 credits
About this program
This certificate program provides the student with a basic study of civil engineering surveying including survey equipment setup and training, surveying principles and an introduction to civil engineering survey practices and uses. The Survey Technician program includes knowledge and training in property and land surveys, construction project design, field training in level surveys, total station and global positioning equipment, and road design and construction principles.
- Prepare civil construction drawings utilizing CADD software.
- Select appropriate survey techniques.
- Demonstrate computer utilization skills.
- Produce construction, legal and topographical surveys.
- Utilize effective communication skills.
- Document processes and procedures during on-site inspections.
- Demonstrate design criteria for road design.
Minnesota State Community and Technical College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. More information can be found at www.minnesota.edu/accreditation.
1st Fall Term - 15 credits
|CADD1000 - AutoCAD Basics||3|
|CIVL1100 - Survey I: Fundamentals of Surveying||3|
|ENGT1118 - Construction and Manufacturing Math||3|
|ENGT1126 - Engineering Graphics||3|
|ENGT1134 - Office Systems and Equipment||3|
1st Spring Term - 15 credits
|CIVL1119 - Survey II: Land Surveys||3|
|CIVL1138 - CADD II: Plan Layout||3|
|CIVL2209 - Construction Inspection||3|
|CIVL2210 - Road Design||3|
|ENGL1101 - College Writing||3|