PARA2204 - Real Property
This course includes the law dealing with interest in, ownership of and title to real estate. Emphasis will be placed on legal descriptions, recording systems, and procedures and documents for real property transfer.
- Characterize ownership rights and interest in real property.
- Analyze legal descriptions.
- Explain parties to and purpose of real estate transfer documents.
- Explain recording process of real property documents.
- Examine chain of title.
- Prepare real estate transfer documents.
- Explain liens against property.
- Perform a basic real estate closing.
- Recall legal terminology as it relates to real property.
Degrees that use this course
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)