HITM2290 - Health Care Data Management and Analysis
This course provides an in-depth look into the management of health care data and how this data is used for analysis, statistics and graphical representation.
- Identify policies and strategies to achieve data integrity, including data validity, reliability and quality.
- Evaluate data dictionaries and data sets for compliance with governance standards.
- Apply data analysis techniques to identify trends.
- Apply report generation technologies to facilitate decision making.
- Apply basic statistics utilizing mean, frequency, percentile and standard deviation.
- Calculate statistics for health care operations.
- Calculate and report patient record delinquency rates.
- Report health care data through graphical representations.
- Identify the processes and strategies for managing data.
Degrees that use this course
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)