HITM1165 - Information Systems in Health
This course provides an introduction to computer use in health care and health information management. It focuses on electronic health records and other computer systems used in health care.
- Examine health record access based on user roles.
- Identify different information systems utilized in a health care facility.
- Utilize information systems to perform medical record discharge analysis.
- Identify the various registries used in health care settings.
- Articulate the difference between primary and secondary data sources.
- Promote data integrity strategies in the use of administrative and clinical systems.
- Describe components of data dictionaries and data sets.
- Utilize information systems to support clinical decisions.
- Demonstrate use of electronic systems in the management of health information.
- Identify standards for the exchange of health information.
Degrees that use this course
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)