HITM1151 - Introduction to Health Information Management
This course is an introduction to the delivery of health care in the United States and the health information management profession.
- Recognize the different levels of health care delivery.
- Explain the difference between public and private health care delivery methods.
- Summarize the internal and external forces driving health care in the United States.
- Summarize the contents of a medical record.
- Introduce the concept of clinical documentation integrity.
- Describe the health information management profession.
- Utilize electronic health record software.
- Understand and apply the American Health Information Management Association Code of Ethics.
- Describe consumer engagement activities.
- Describe the health information workflow of a patient encounter.
Degrees that use this course
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)