HITM1155 - Medicolegal Aspects
This course focuses on the application of legal principles, policies, regulations and standards for the control and use of health information.
- Apply policies, regulations and standards to the management of information.
- Apply privacy strategies to health information.
- Apply security strategies to health information.
- Identify compliance requirements throughout the health information life cycle.
- Define and articulate the contents of a legal health record.
- Distinguish between a legal health record and a designated record set.
- Apply legal processes impacting health information.
- Demonstrate compliance with external forces.
- Identify the components of an accounting of disclosures.
Degrees that use this course
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)