ELWT1104 - Electrical Structure Installation
This course provides the student with the introductory knowledge and skills necessary to properly install electrical structures with hand tools and with mechanized structure installation machinery.
- Describe digger derrick and bucket truck safety awareness.
- Describe hand pole set safety awareness.
- Demonstrate bucket truck and digger derrick truck operation
- Demonstrate hand pole set.
- Install pole line anchors.
- Describe and demonstrate line construction layout.
- Demonstrate professional conduct.
- Demonstrate truck barricading and grounding procedures.
- Demonstrate personal protective ground installation.
- Demonstrate proper hot stick operation.
- Operate digger derrick as a crane.
- Demonstrate auger operation procedures.
- Demonstrate pole setting procedures.
- Demonstrate transit operation.
- Demonstrate proper line staking and field set up.