ECHO2210 - Adult Echocardiography Clinical II
This course provides a continued supervised clinical practicum, increasing proficiency in diagnosing advanced cardiovascular disease. The final goal of this course is to achieve the competency level required to work as an entry-level cardiac sonographer.
- Develop a working knowledge of an echocardiography department's functions, goals and equipment.
- Apply didactic and clinical knowledge and become familiar with the protocols of the clinical site.
- Demonstrate how to communicate on a basic, professional level with healthcare staff and patients.
- Demonstrate the critical thinking, cognitive and psychomotor skills required for clinical work.
- Demonstrate basic patient care skills necessary to be a competent healthcare provider.
- Demonstrate how to care for laboratory equipment.
- Demonstrate the role of echocardiography in patient diagnosis and management.
Degrees that use this course
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)