DSET1132 - Introduction to Engine Theory
This course introduces the theory of today's diesel engines, including operation, repair and maintenance. Students will learn the proper industry procedures for removing, replacing, diagnosing, troubleshooting, rebuilding and assembling diesel engines.
- Demonstrate safety procedures.
- Utilize service publications.
- Recognize cylinder head and valve train operation.
- Recognize short block design and operation.
- Determine lubrication and cooling system operation.
- Outline engine start-up procedure.
- Outline engine break-in procedure.