DNHY2219 - Periodontology
This course covers the pathogenesis, diagnosis and treatment of periodontal disease. Emphasis will include the progression of periodontal disease, diagnostic methods, treatment modalities, advanced instrumentation and the role of the dental hygienist as a periodontal co-therapist.
- Identify the anatomic characteristics and host response of the periodontium.
- Identify the microbiology of periodontal diseases.
- Explain the classifications of periodontal disease.
- Articulate the assessment phase of periodontal disease.
- Characterize the treatment planning, implementation, and evaluation phase of periodontal disease.
- Explain periodontal surgery.
- Explore dental implant procedures and maintenance.
- Identify periodontal emergencies and the hygienist's role in their management.
Degrees that use this course
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)