DNHY2210 - Dental Hygiene Principle IV
This course is a continuation of DNHY 1130 and introduces the student to dietary counseling, with special emphasis on advanced dental hygiene techniques including periodontal assessment and debridement, power instrumentation and implant maintenance.
- Discuss hygienist's role in nutritional assessment as it relates to caries susceptibility, periodontal disease and the oral effects of eating disorders.
- Discuss advanced periodontal exam components including calculation of clinical attachment loss and recession.
- Demonstrate understanding of dental hygiene treatment planning.
- Examine non-surgical periodontal debridement procedures.
- Describe power instrumentation, techniques, indications and contraindications.
- Describe dental implant indications, processes and dental hygiene maintenance.
- Describe indications and contraindications for locally administered antibiotics or chemical agents.
Degrees that use this course
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)