DNHY1136 - Dental Pharmacology
This course introduces dental hygiene students to basic drug categories, pharmacological pain control principles and various anesthesia techniques, with special emphasis on a succinct accounting of drugs as they relate to dentistry.
- Explain the general principles of pharmacology.
- Identify drugs used in periodontal treatment.
- Identify drugs used in pain control in dentistry.
- Explain the pharmacological use of antibiotics in dentistry.
- Examine the medical conditions that may alter dental treatment.
- Recognize the physiological effects of dental pharmaceuticals.
Degrees that use this course
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)