DNHY1118 - Oral Pathology
This course covers the study of general processes as well as oral disease processes. Special emphasis is placed on clinical and radiographic recognition of pathology of the oral cavity.
- Accepted into the dental hygiene program and successful completion of Principles I, II, III; Head and Neck Anatomy; and Oral Histology and Embryology
- Describe categories of oral disease.
- Explain diagnostic processes.
- Explain body's defense mechanism.
- Explain developmental abnormalities versus infections or traumatic injuries.
- Identify relationship of oral pathology and systemic influence.
- Recognize severity of disease categories.
- Differentiate treatment modalities for disease categories.
Degrees that use this course
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)