CSCI1121 - Computer Science I
This course is an introduction to computer science. It includes algorithm design and structured programming using a high-level programming language. Key components of this course are designing, coding, debugging and documenting programs using techniques of good programming style. This course is intended primarily as a first course for computer science majors and/or minors.
- Design algorithms to solve problems.
- Understand the syntax of a high-level programming language.
- Produce correct, clear, and concise documentation for programs.
- Demonstrate effective debugging techniques.
- Construct programs utilizing elementary data structures.
- Determine proper control structures for implementation of problem solutions.
- Construct algorithms using logical and relational operators.
- Manage program input from multiple sources.
- Direct program output to multiple destinations.
- Code programs that demonstrate the use of selection structures.
- Write programs that include proper use of looping structures.
- Write programs utilizing object oriented design.