CSCI1110 - Informatics
This course explores how data is gathered and analyzed and how it can be applied to information technology solutions to maximize the benefits of data analysis, including increases in the efficiency and productivity of information systems. Students will explore the social, ethical and personal implications of implementing information technologies and how information processes can impact business on a local and global level.
- Analyze and evaluate various data transmission methods.
- Analyze various Information Technology solutions for applicability in various environments.
- Evaluate data security systems in relation to current legal and social implications.
- Differentiate between authenticity and authority of different information sources.
- Identify and select factual information to provide a potential solution to a problem.
- Interpret and present data conclusions in an appropriate and logical manner for the audience.
- Organize a small group to evaluate various solutions presented from the data.
- Evaluate and understand data security methods in relation to legal and ethical requirements in selected regions of the world.
- Articulate the impact of Information Technology on personal ethics.
- Evaluate the impact of Information Technology on a chosen field of study.
2. Critical Thinking
9. Ethical and Civic Responsibility