ART1109 - Foundations of Art, 3-D
Meets MnTC Goal Areas 2 and 6. Through this course, students are introduced to basic three-dimensional concepts as well as a variety of materials and technical processes. Students will create three-dimensional designs that explore form and space.
- Apply the basic vocabulary of three-dimensional artwork and the aesthetic concerns of using three-dimensional form.
- Analyze formal concerns in three-dimensional design including texture, surface, pattern and technical considerations as well as form and content.
- Analyze historic and contemporary trends in 3D artworks.
- Demonstrate an increased appreciation of the vital role and value the fine arts and humanities have on the development of culture.
- Explain and evaluate the effectiveness of personal artwork and the work of others through critique.
- Demonstrate an understanding of health and safety issues within the discipline.
2. Critical Thinking
6. The Humanities and Fine Arts