ART1107 - Foundations of Art, 2-D
Meets MnTC Goal Areas 2 and 6. This course is an introduction to creative thinking, interpretation and self-expression. Students will explore basic two-dimensional elements and principles through the use of various media, tools, materials and processes. Color theory will be introduced.
- Apply formal elements of art and principles of design including theories of color, spatial relationships and perception to works of arts.
- Develop skills in manipulating two-dimensional materials and explore a variety of methods and effects.
- Demonstrate an understanding of multiple art media.
- Produce a series of art works to illustrate exposure to and competency in two-dimensional art making.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the importance of design in all two-dimensional artworks.
- Demonstrate an increased appreciation of the vital role and value the fine arts and humanities have on the development of culture.
- Explain and evaluate the effectiveness of personal artwork and the work of others through critique.
- Demonstrate an understanding of health and safety issues within the discipline.
2. Critical Thinking
6. The Humanities and Fine Arts