ART1101 - Drawing I
Meets MnTC Goal Areas 2 and 6. This course introduces students to the basic drawing media, techniques and traditions of drawing. Students are exposed to the work of artists, drafters and illustrators and are subsequently guided through a wide variety of drawing experiences and applications.
- Demonstrate the basics of drawing.
- Demonstrate effective use of line, value and composition during the exploration of the drawing process.
- Demonstrate effective use of a variety of drawing materials.
- Demonstrate an increased appreciation of the vital role and value the fine arts and humanities have on the development of culture.
- Explain and evaluate the effectiveness of personal artwork and the work of others through critique.
- Demonstrate an understanding of health and safety issues within the discipline.
2. Critical Thinking
6. The Humanities and Fine Arts