ADMM2154 - Hospital Billing
This course covers billing processes related to the hospital claim form. Billing for inpatient, ambulatory surgery and hospital-based outpatient services is covered.
- Demonstrate health insurance terminology proficiency.
- Compare and contrast inpatient and outpatient services.
- Explain major steps of hospital claims processing.
- Explain the insurance requirements for the CMS-1500 claim form.
- Explain revenue codes and descriptions.
- Review inpatient coding guidelines.
- Explain DRG (Diagnosis-Related Groups) in reference to the claim form.
- Access and apply electronic payable lists from various payers.
- Utilize computer technology.
- Display professional work habits.
Degrees that use this course