This course is an introduction to computerized accounting applications and software used in the business environment. Topics may include general ledger accounting, payroll procedures, accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory and depreciation.
- 3 Credits from ACCT2211 Financial Accounting I or ACCT1012 Foundations of Accounting AND 3 Credits from MIS1100 Business Computers or CPTR 1104 Intro to Computers or BUS1120 Spreadsheets and Database Concepts
- Enter and post accounting transactions.
- Perform file maintenance for customers, vendors, employees, inventory items and general ledger accounts.
- Perform correcting entries.
- Generate reports.
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Install accounting software package.
- Create a new company.
- Enter and maintain company system setup.
- Perform backup and restore functions.
- Perform period closing procedures.