Meets MnTC Goal Areas 2, 3 and 10. This course includes laboratory work completed in conjunction with BIOL 1107 Environmental Science Issues. Laboratory experiences may include lab and field exercises, computer simulations and collection and analysis of data related to current environmental issues and their possible solutions. This optional lab must be taken concurrently with BIOL 1107.
- Apply scientific principles to problem solving.
- Perform laboratory or field experiments to formulate and test hypotheses; collect, analyze, and interpret data.
- Identify sources of experimental error.
- Communicate experimental results.
2. Critical Thinking
3. Natural Sciences
10. People and the Environment