Academic Forgiveness Procedure
To allow students the ability to establish a successful academic record at Minnesota State Community and Technical College.
1. Student completes and submits the online Academic Forgiveness Form found at www.minnesota.edu/forms.
2. The student's home campus associate registrar reviews the transcript to determine if the student has met eligibility requirements.*
3. If approved, the associate registrar processes the academic forgiveness.
4. The associate registrar communicates the decision with the student.
4.1 If approved, the associate registrar will send a revised transcript to the student.
4.2 If it is not approved, the associate registrar will send a letter with policy and an explanation.
5. The associate registrar works with the transfer/DARS specialist to update DARS.
*Grades of FW issued in spring 2011, summer 2011 and fall 2011 are treated like F letter grades and are eligible for academic forgiveness. During these three semesters the FW was used in calculating the student’s term and cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA).
FW’s issued beginning in the spring of 2012 and forward are not eligible for academic forgiveness as they are not calculated in the term or cumulative GPA.
Related Policies and Procedures
Minnesota State Community and Technical College Academic Forgiveness Policy