PNSG1528 - Clinical II Practical Nursing
This course provides the student an opportunity to apply nursing judgment using evidence-based care, critical thinking and clinical judgment to implement safe, patient-centered and relationship-centered care to individual patients across the lifespan. The clinical student reflects on the value of patient-centered care, teamwork and collaboration, informatics, quality improvement, safety, managing care of the individual patient, nursing judgment and evidence-based care.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support
- Current, clear Minnesota Department of Health criminal background check
- Current, clear national background check
- Experience as a nursing assistant as guided by the PN application packet
- Up-to-date immunizations and health form
- Evaluate personal communication skills and cultural sensitivity when working with diverse patients across the lifespan.
- Compare individualized established plans of care for patients across the lifespan.
- Provide health care information to the patient that is considerate of culture, experience and knowledge of his/her own health.
- Explain the nurse's role in maintaining the patient care record.
- Utilize technology to access reliable information and resources that support patient care, reduce reliance on memory and enhance competency within the practice setting.
- Provide evidence for prioritization of nursing judgments to individuals across the lifespan.
- Demonstrate nursing judgment by selecting and prioritizing interventions, monitoring the patient's response and reporting changes.
- Demonstrate personal integrity, professional behaviors and professional boundaries.
- Demonstrate safe nursing practice while following the National Patient Safety Goals.
- Recognize conflict, when and to whom it should be reported, and the most appropriate method of communication.
- Assign nursing tasks and activities to other licensed practical nurses and/or unlicensed assistive personnel to achieve patient care goals.
- Provide patient care to multiple patients within the scope of the practical nurse.
Degrees that use this course