PLBG1101 - Piping and Job Safety
This course introduces the student to the plumbing profession. Topics include history, safety, basic applied math, fundamentals of rigging and hand signals to equipment operators.
- Recall significant events in the history of plumbing advances.
- Identify personal protective equipment.
- Describe safety hazards in the workplace.
- Apply basic math skills to calculate pipe length and fitting take-offs.
- Define proper basic rigging techniques.
- Identify hand signals to heavy equipment operators.
Degrees that use this course