PARA1112 - Legal Ethics for the Paralegal
This course covers the attorney-client privilege as it relates to paralegals, unauthorized practice of law, regulation of paralegals, ethical codes and rules.
- Describe role of paralegal ethics.
- Describe what constitutes the unauthorized practice of law.
- Analyze ethical duty to confidentiality.
- Identify conflict of interest.
- Describe competent representation.
- Define fiduciary duty regarding safekeeping of client funds.
- Analyze duty to report misconduct.
- Describe appropriate circumstances for law firm advertising.
- Advocate moral concepts of decision making by businesses.
- Analyze role of legal ethics as it relates to technology.
Degrees that use this course
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)