PARA1105 - Criminal Law for Paralegals
This course prepares the paralegal for working with criminal defense or criminal prosecution. Included in the study is the organization of the criminal justice system, the nature of crimes, constitutional issues, applicable appellate procedures and the role of the paralegal as it relates to criminal law.
- Describe criminal law.
- Define the role of the paralegal in criminal law.
- Analyze types of crimes and their elements.
- Analyze constitutional issues in criminal law.
- Describe criminal trial procedure.
- Explain criminal defenses.
- Draft criminal court documents.
- Analyze post-conviction relief.
- Research appellate brief requirements and procedures.
- Analyze appellate briefs.