PARA1104 - Civil Law for Paralegals
This course prepares the paralegal for working with civil litigation and its associated processes. Included in the study are rules for civil procedure, court and non-court processes, applicable appellate procedures, mediation, arbitration and the role of the paralegal as it relates to civil law.
- Describe civil law.
- Define the role of the paralegal in civil law.
- Analyze types of civil law.
- Describe civil law court and non-court procedures.
- Draft civil law court and non-court documents.
- Analyze post-trial processes.
- Research appellate brief requirements.
- Analyze appellate briefs.
- Describe alternate dispute resolution processes.
- Describe frivolous lawsuits.
Degrees that use this course
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)