NURS1415 - Nursing Clinical I
This course promotes the application of fundamental skills while providing holistic nursing care to a diverse group of patients. The course incorporates the concepts of quality and safe patient care, professional behavior, therapeutic communication and self-evaluation.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support
- Current, clear national background check
- Current, clear Minnesota Department of Health criminal background check
- Experience as a nursing assistant as guided by the generic ADN application packet
- Up-to-date immunizations and health form
- Model professional behavior.
- Describe own strengths, limitations and values in functioning as a member of a team.
- Demonstrate a holistic approach to assessing changes in the health status of diverse patient populations.
- Utilize the nursing process to identify and prioritize care for diverse patient populations.
- Demonstrate basic skills of safe medication administration.
- Demonstrate effective strategies to establish therapeutic relationships with diverse patient populations.
Degrees that use this course
Associate of Science (AS)