MKTG2236 - Small Business Management
This course provides a summary of many of the major issues faced by anyone starting a small business. The course teaches the fundamentals of small business management by blending basic management principles with tested and proven real world techniques for planning, organizing and operating a small business successfully. The course utilizes a variety of learning tools including the textbook, PowerPoint, lectures, written assignments, cases, websites and hands-on activities.
- Explore characteristics of small businesses.
- Explain three main forms of business opportunities.
- Explain strategic plans for small businesses.
- Explain business plan steps.
- Discuss the financing of small businesses.
- Analyze financial statements.
- Explain legal forms of business ownership.
- Explain key factors in picking the right location.
- Explain promotional methods.
- Explain purchasing and inventory control.
- Discuss managing human resources.
- Discuss risk management.
Degrees that use this course
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)