MCDD1124 - Mechanical Drafting Applications I
The objective of this course is for the student to develop a set of working drawings of an existing product. Students will be required to reverse engineer the product and create all necessary views, layouts, annotations and instructions required for the product to be manufactured while collaborating with a work group similar to those found in industry.
- Produce assembly drawings.
- Produce working drawings.
- Produce sub-assembly drawings.
- Produce genealogy chart.
- Demonstrate understanding of measurement.
- Describe engineering change orders (ECO).
- Describe vendor parts.
- Produce part numbering system.
- Create bill of materials (BOM).
- Explain drawing revision procedure.
- Create final exploded assembly drawing.
- Apply project review procedures.
- Coordinate assemblies and detail drawings.
- Produce and apply project completion schedules.