MATH1020 - Intermediate Algebra
This course includes equations of lines, systems of equations, rational expressions and equations, functions, radical expressions and equations, complex numbers, absolute value equations and inequalities, and solving quadratic equations using factoring, completing the square and the quadratic formula.
- Math 0095 with a grade of C or higher
- placement by assessment
- Identify functions and their graphs.
- Evaluate and graph functions.
- Find domains and ranges of functions.
- Solve systems of two linear equations using graphing, substitution and elimination.
- Simplify rational expressions.
- Solve rational equations.
- Perform long and synthetic division of polynomials.
- Simplify radical expressions.
- Solve radical equations.
- Perform operations on complex numbers.
- Solve equations using factoring, the quadratic formula and completing the square.
- Solve absolute value equations and inequalities.
- Find the equation of a line.
- Perform operations on rational expressions.
- Perform operations on radical expressions.