MATH1000 - Technical Mathematics
This course presents basic mathematical topics as they are applied in a technical program. The course includes a review of basic mathematical operations and continues with the development of algebraic and trigonometric skills in a technical setting. Most concepts will be applied through course-specific problems. This course is not an MnTC Goal Area 4 mathematics course, nor does it prepare students for taking an MnTC Goal Area 4 mathematics course.
- placement by assessment
- Review basic mathematical operations involving whole numbers, decimals, fractions, signed numbers, percents and order of operations.
- Perform metric system conversions and apply to program-specific problems.
- Solve basic linear equations.
- Manipulate formulas.
- Solve and apply variation problems.
- Demonstrate usage of scientific calculator.
- Identify appropriate geometric formulas to solve perimeter, area and volume applications.
- Solve basic right triangle trigonometry application problems.
- Formulate solutions to program specific problems.
Degrees that use this course